Channel Ident

Channel Ident


References 1: BBC One Channel Ident

Ident is a general preview or summary in the form of a video display that you see between every television program you watch on the same channel. An Ident (Short for Identifier) ​​is clear and concise as a way for a Television production company/channel to remind you that you are watching their channel (One of BBC One's various Idents can be seen above. Channel Ident now exists on various platforms, especially on the YouTube channel where YouTube account owners mostly use Channel Ident to inform you about upcoming Shows / Television Programs that will appear on the selected channel within a few minutes or hours after Ident airing. A very simple concept when trying to understand that ident is a way to tell you about the channels you are watching.

Some channels choose to visually show you upcoming shows. Either through text or a small percentage of the screen showing you a sneak peek of the upcoming show. But Idents are not only used in Television. Some of the most famous logos in history (20th Century Fox, Columbia, Warner Bros, Paramount) are all Idents. So basically Ident is just a better word for logo.

Step 1: Plan Your Ident



Before I start designing, I need to plan what elements i want to include in my channel ident. Consider the following:

  • Logo: My channel’s logo or name.
  • Colors: The color scheme that matches my content.
  • Font/text: Any suitable font not more than 3 fonts.
  • Animations: How elements will appear and move.

References 2: Powerpoint

Initially, I wanted to use the After Effects application as a platform for editing this Ident channel assignment. However, there is a problem where the After Effect that I have used before has cracked/crashed and cannot be accessed for a while. Therefore I took the initiative to use powerpoint to produce this Channel Ident. The use of power point to produce a good Channel Ident is quite difficult because I am not used to using power point to edit any video before. 

At the beginning of the draft, I browsed some examples of video references on YouTube to get ideas for the initial planning of my Channel Ident production. Among the youtube videos I refer to are as follows:

Channel Ident Nicklodeen

Channel Ident Zee Magic

This reference to some extent helped me get a clear picture of how to produce Channel Ident. I finalized the Idea for my Ident channel based on YouTube Channel One Skill PowerPoint. Through watching this YouTube Channel I got several ways to create a Channel Ident where I plan to use the Motion Graphic technique which uses editing methods to move text and objects in the graphic results.




Step 2: Set Up Your PowerPoint Slide

  1. Open PowerPoint and create a new blank presentation.
  2. Set the slide size to a standard video dimension. Go to Design > Slide Size > Custom Slide Size. Choose 16:9 for widescreen or 4:3 for standard.

The use of PowerPoint requires me to refer to some results from the YouTube Channel (Microsoft Solution) which is very helpful in showing how to produce PowerPoint video slides for Motion Graphic results. The Channel Ident theme that I want to produce is in the form of Knowledge and Sharing from a Professional and Successful Entrepreneur.

Step 3: Design the Background

  1. Choose a background color or image. Go to Design > Format Background. Select a solid color, gradient, or image that reflects my channel’s Ident.
  2. Add visual elements such as shapes, patterns, or additional images to enhance the background.

Background production for my Ident Channel uses 4 different video content, consisting of Entrepreneur Video, Skyscraper Video, Car Video, and Traveler video. Each video will be accompanied by Motion Graphics that display Text that has a message about the channel of a trader who shares about his life as a successful entrepreneur.

Step 4: Add Your Frame and Text

  1. Add text. Use Insert > Text Box to add any taglines or slogans. Customize the font, size, and color to match my Ident.

The form of frame arrangement that I do is to use a double frame where the duplicate frame method is used and the front frame is made into Flip Horizontal then using the Toolbars Merge Shape which combines the Front Video Frame and text as Motion Graphics. The use of Text, I use the Montserrat Black Font to produce large and clear Text Motion Graphics by adding Shadow and outline elements to the words so that the text looks clear.

Step 5: Animate Your Elements & Add Transitions

  1. Go to Animations and choose an entrance effect like Fade In, Fly In, or Fly Out.
  2. Adjust the animation settings using Animation Pane. Set the Start to With Previous or After Previous and adjust the Duration and Delay as needed.

In the animation and transition section, I use Fade, Grown/Shrink, Fade out and Fly Out animations on Text.

Step 7: Add Background Music

  1. Go to Insert > Audio > Audio on My PC and select my background music file.
  2. Adjust the audio settings in Playback to Start Automatically and Play Across Slides if my ident spans multiple slides.

I use Background Music from Channel Content Creator Justin Tse that has a beat and tone that fits my Channel Ident content.

Step 8: Preview and Adjust

  1. Preview your ident by clicking Slide Show > From Beginning.
  2. Make adjustments to animations, timings, and transitions as needed.

Step 9: Export Ident as a Video

  1. Go to File > Export > Create a Video.
  2. Choose the video quality and set Use Recorded Timings and Narrations.
  3. Click Create Video and save it as an MP4 file.

Step 10: Upload to Channel Ident in Youtube

Example : Copyright

Once my video is ready, upload it to your channel as mynew ident. I also make sure to include it at the right bottow of my videos to establish my content identity.

References

samshawblog121. (2014, September 25). What is an Ident? Sam Shaw Media - Film, Television and Photography; Sam Shaw Media - Film, Television and Photography. https://samshawmedia.wordpress.com/2014/09/25/what-is-an-ident/

Barnhart, B. (2024). Strengthen Your Brand Image with Motion Graphics. Linearity Blog; Linearity blog. https://www.linearity.io/blog/motion-graphics/

‌Here is my Channel Ident link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIwwigYGgpw















 

Ulasan

Catatan popular daripada blog ini

Banner Channel Design Process